806 new schools to open in Iran in late September

Also the head of the Organization for Development, Renovation and Equipping Schools of Iran, Mohammad-Taqi Nazarpour added $228.57 million was extended to ensure on-time completion of the projects.

He said that once the new schools are inaugurated, the number of classrooms across Iran will increase by 4,185.

"Half of the 131,000 classrooms in the country which were in need of retrofitting have undergone the required changes."

In addition, he added, 70 percent of the Iran's classrooms which required renovation have been restored. He hoped that the remainder would be renovated and reconstructed by the end of the Sixth Five-Year Economic Development Plan (in 2022).

Underlining the importance of equipping schools with modern air conditioning systems, Nazarpour said steps have been taken to this end.

"Currently, 70 percent of the classrooms have central heating systems while the remaining 30 percent meet the basic standards in this respect."

Add new comment